American Pool Checkers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» William Chinzewe - Young Sportsman of the Year
by Admin Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:40 pm

» Newly Updated 2024 Tournament Flyer
by deakjgs Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:03 pm

» I remember...
by Mzee Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:45 pm

» Rookie's Home Going
by deakjgs Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:13 pm

» Checker Festival in Maxton, N. C.
by Admin Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:56 pm

» Kondrachenko position
by Admin Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

» The "Now" Checkers by Momodou Faal
by Admin Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:58 am

» Checker Event in Durham, N. C.
by deakjgs Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:26 am

» Mr. Spencer (Chicago) Taylor celebrates his 96th birthday.
by Admin Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:08 pm

Mr. Spencer (Chicago) Taylor celebrates his 96th birthday.

Go down

Mr. Spencer (Chicago) Taylor celebrates his 96th birthday. Empty Mr. Spencer (Chicago) Taylor celebrates his 96th birthday.

Post  Admin Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:08 pm

Hello All

On today (March 6, 2024) Mr. Spencer (Chicago) Taylor celebrates his 96th birthday.
   Spencer is the oldest member of the Washington, D.C. checker club and has played checkers in that club and all over the country and possibly all over the world for many years.
   Being the lead singer for "The Highway Q Cs"  professional gospel singing group, he has traveled the world as a professional gospel singer and is likely to have found a checker game in many of the places he went to.
   As a younger man he would sometimes play checkers with me all night long when I visited the D. C. club.
   The club members enjoyed him as a singer and checker player, and I often had the opportunity to enjoy his humor as we played.
   It's been a while since I played him but I certainly haven't forgotten him and I'm asking all of our checker players and friends to join me in wishing him a WONDERFUL AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
  Spencer, today (March 6th 2024) is your special day, ENJOY IT TO THE MAX!!!!!
                                                   Al H. --- A.P.C.A. President 
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://poolcheckers.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum