American Pool Checkers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The "Now" Checkers by Momodou Faal
by Admin Yesterday at 4:50 pm

» William Chinzewe - Young Sportsman of the Year
by Admin Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:40 pm

» Newly Updated 2024 Tournament Flyer
by deakjgs Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:03 pm

» I remember...
by Mzee Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:45 pm

» Rookie's Home Going
by deakjgs Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:13 pm

» Checker Festival in Maxton, N. C.
by Admin Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:56 pm

» Kondrachenko position
by Admin Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

» Checker Event in Durham, N. C.
by deakjgs Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:26 am

» Mr. Spencer (Chicago) Taylor celebrates his 96th birthday.
by Admin Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:08 pm

Happy Birthday to Jake Kacher on 10/3/2023

Go down

Happy Birthday to Jake Kacher on 10/3/2023 Empty Happy Birthday to Jake Kacher on 10/3/2023

Post  deakjgs Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:24 pm

Hello All
   My Friend Jake Kacher will turn 72 years old on Tuesday 10/3/2023.
   For those of you who do not know Jake, I will tell you that he has been involved with checkers since childhood and has gathered tons of checker material which he willingly shares with any and all who ask.
   He started his checker career as a child in his home country of Ukraine and was once a student of Kaplan.
   As a young man he relocated to the USA and became involved with some pool checker players and has even competed in the Top Masters' division in some our A.P.C.A. tournaments 
   He has long since ceased competitive play but he has continued to gather and use his knowledge to teach and coach players throughout the world.
   He has many students throughout the world but is particularly proud of this one 17 year old grand master from Africa by the name of Willie. Willie has recently become the world champion in the Junior division.
   Jake has also been instrumental in developing several checkers websites and he has been the primary source in developing our A.P.C.A. website.
   Recently he authored three really great books on pool checkers which can be found on the A.P.C.A. website.
   On Tuesday 10/3/2023 the African players will honor him by creating a "Jake Kacher" day checkers tournament which will be played on "Play OK".
   It will be played using the Russian checkers rules but players from all over the world are invited to come and play.
   So at this time as president of the  American Pool Checker Association and also as Jake's friend, I ask that checker players from everywhere join me in wishing him a wonderful and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
                    Yours' Truly
                     Albert Harrison  --  A.P.C.A. President
deakjgs
deakjgs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum