American Pool Checkers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» William Chinzewe - Young Sportsman of the Year
by Admin Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:40 pm

» Newly Updated 2024 Tournament Flyer
by deakjgs Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:03 pm

» I remember...
by Mzee Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:45 pm

» Rookie's Home Going
by deakjgs Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:13 pm

» Checker Festival in Maxton, N. C.
by Admin Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:56 pm

» Kondrachenko position
by Admin Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

» The "Now" Checkers by Momodou Faal
by Admin Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:58 am

» Checker Event in Durham, N. C.
by deakjgs Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:26 am

» Mr. Spencer (Chicago) Taylor celebrates his 96th birthday.
by Admin Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:08 pm

Home going service for Brother Sandy Troutman

2 posters

Go down

Home going service for Brother Sandy Troutman Empty Home going service for Brother Sandy Troutman

Post  Admin Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:41 pm

Hello All

This message is to get the information out on the passing and subsequent "Home Going" service of Brother Sandy Troutman.
   I am sending this information out as an attachment so if anyone has a problem opening the attachment please let me know.
   Brother Troutman was well known in the checker community especially around the southeastern U. S. and will certainly be missed.
   He loved the game and regularly traveled throughout the area playing in checker clubs and barber shops as well as in the homes of our local players.
   He played in several of our A.P.C.A. national tournaments around the country and most recently participated in the national tournament held in Columbia, S.C. in July of 2023.
   In recent years before his health began to fail he often hosted checker tournaments at his home and invited players from all over the country.
   I'm asking that all checker players everywhere join me in celebrating the "Home Going" for this "LOVER OF OUR GAME".
   Also please join me on behalf of the A.P.C.A. and all checker lovers in offering our condolences to the his wonderful wife (Sister Liz Troutman) and the entire Troutman family.
                 Yours'Truly
                 Albert Harrison  --  A.P.C.A. President

Home going service for Brother Sandy Troutman Sandy_10

Last edited by Admin on Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://poolcheckers.com/

Youngblood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Home going service for Brother Sandy Troutman Empty Re: Home going service for Brother Sandy Troutman

Post  Youngblood Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:29 pm

My Heartfelt Condolences goes out the family. Brother Troutman will be missed. I've known Brother Troutman for over 45 years. He was one of my early mentors.

Youngblood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum